|Posting date:||24 August 2019|
|Salary:||£40,000 to £45,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£40,000 - £45,000|
|Closing date:||23 September 2019|
|Location:||Staffordshire, ST14 8XR|
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
HSE Manager – HMP Dovegate
Uttoxeter, ST14 8XR
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
The Job Opportunity
To be a focal SME within Serco Justice and Immigration Business Unit, providing 'on site' specialist HSE advice, assurance and support across specified Serco Justice and Immigration contract locations, thereby ensuring Business Unit contract are managing HSE in accordance with corporate, contractual and regulatory requirements and promoting a safe healthy and environmentally-responsible culture.
Daily Duties Involve
- To deliver specialist on-site HSE support, assurance and advice to specified J&I contracts in a timely, accurate manner.
- To provide SME support and to advise upon HSE-related activity in order to bring about Organisational Resilience across J&I contracts.
- To promote understanding of and adherence to corporate, contractual and regulatory HSE requirements
- To advise and support Contract Directors and operational staff upon those measures necessary to manage HSE related risks and vulnerabilities. to include:
- The evaluation of Contratcs exposure to current/future HSE risks
- The implementation of appropriate, effective risk mitigation measures
- The interpretation and implementation of corporate, regulatory and legal polices
- To guide, support and promote the development, implementation and continual improvement of protocols necessary to embed a consistent, sustainable HSE management system and culture within J&I contract in line with corporate strategy.
- To support operational staff and advise upon the processes necessary to ensure HSE awareness and best practices are understood and shared across J&I contracts.
- To undertake Fire Risk Assessments and HSE inspections as determined by contractual requirements and as directed by Deputy Head of Resilience (Safety)
- To provide specialist SME support to bid transformation projects/programmes
- To represent J&I contract interests and support Business Unit output through the provision of HSE related advice to managers and leaders of business support functions within and out with the J&I business unit. To include engagement with:
- Legal, including Corporate Investigations
- Corporate Shared Services
- Media Services
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Proven experience of managing HSE in complex multisite environment
- NEBOSH Level 3 (or equivalent recognised body)
- Member of IOSH
- Specialist Fire Risk Assessment and Environmental qualifications are desirable
- A sound appreciation of the HSE risks and regulatory environments which exist across the J&I sector. To include an understanding of OHSAS 18001/ISO 14001
- People Management - Evidence of the ability to influence Leaders and Managers.
- Communication - The proven ability to make choices and judgements based upon operational objectives
- Forward Thinking - Proven ability to make choices and judgements based upon operational objectives
- Influencing - Personal Impact - Ability to influence, command respect and gain commitment of others.
- Change - Proven ability to manage change
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.