Staff Nurse - RMN | Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||23 August 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£24,214 - £30,112 per annum|
|Closing date:||22 September 2019|
|Location:||Nottingham, NG6 9DR|
|Company:||Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust|
5 full time posts available (37.5 hours a week) Part- and Full-Time posts available
We have opportunities for 5 qualified and registered mental health staff nurses on join our compassionate and recovery focussed teams caring for the older people on our wards at Highbury Hospital, Highbury Vale, Bulwell.
Cherry Ward is a specialised functional mental health ward for patients over 65 years, which provides comprehensive nursing care and psychological interventions for a wide range of mental illnesses, from depression to acute episodes of psychosis. Silver Birch Ward is a specialist 20 bed Organic ward for older people delivering a wide range of specialist interventions to patients with a dementia related illness. At present we have an opportunity to work on either of these specialised wards.
These roles are incredibly rewarding, supporting many of our patients in returning home to their lives in the community, a great ending to the therapeutic relationship which we have built with them and pride ourselves on.
We recognise our services as highly specialised, whereby our nurses are able to develop professionally within both mental and physical health. Our wards are supported by a range of allied health professionals, who support and guide our teams, enhancing our nursing skills to improve the lives of our patents and ultimately promote their optimum recovery.
Suitable Applicants will:
• be a registered mental health nurse with experience of working with this patient group;
• have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• be able to problem solve and be an able negotiator;
• have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• be reliable, motivated, and flexible with the desire to work with older adults;
• be an effective team player, able to work with a wide range of professionals as well as patients and their families;
• be hard-working and able to maintain and contribute to a high standard of care;
• Be able to work on a 24-hr rota basis, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Applications from Nurses with specific interests or areas of expertise to expand current team knowledge and service provision to patients.
Interested? We would like to hear from you. To arrange an informal visit please contact:
Asif Zaman, Silver Birch Ward (Ward Manager), 0115 9691300 ex 12517, or Julia Hudson, Cherry Ward Manager, 0115 9691300 ex 12213.
This advert closes on Sunday 8 Sep 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.