Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Emergency Care | Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||23 August 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£24,214 - £30,112 per annum pro rata|
|Closing date:||22 September 2019|
|Location:||Sutton-In Ashfield, NG17 4JL|
|Company:||Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust|
We are currently looking to recruit into our Registered Nursing team for our Ambulatory Emergency Care service. We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated Adult Registered Nurses to work within our fast developing unit which provides same day emergency care to patients who might otherwise be admitted into hospital.
Ambulatory Emergency Care is a relatively new care model, it recognises that there is a large cohort of emergency patients who can safely be treated on the same day. Therefore reducing hospital admissions and improving patients experience.
This exciting opportunity is available to both experienced and newly qualified RNs who are looking to enter the challenging yet rewarding world of Emergency Care. We have an excellent support package and Preceptorship programme to welcome newly qualified Nurses into the division. We are proactive in recognising talent amongst our workforce to ensure opportunities to development into Sister/Charge Nurse Roles.
We are an innovative and dynamic unit that works very closely with the Emergency Department and other areas of the Urgent and Emergency Care Division to provide patients with this new and progressive service.
Our nursing team work alongside the Acute Medical Team to asses, investigate and treat patients who present to the hospital’s Emergency Department. Within just a few hours of their arrival we are able to give them the same service that they would otherwise receive during a one or two day hospital admission. This has huge benefits for both the patient and our hospitals’ inpatient services.
You will enjoy a challenging, varied pace and exciting working environment caring for emergency attendances in our unit, which consists of fifteen treatment chairs, three clinic rooms and our waiting area.
The senior team will ensure a supportive and proactive working environment with robust training and education which will facilitate your career development and progression and build on your current achievements.
The successful applicant must:
• Have well developed communication skills and time management.
• Have effective organisational abilities.
• Be a first level Registered Adult Nurse
• Desirably have experience in an acute setting.
• Desirably have FLIPS qualification or equivalent.
This advert closes on Sunday 8 Sep 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.