Head of Technology
|Posting date:||22 August 2019|
|Salary:||£80,000 to £120,000 per year|
|Closing date:||21 September 2019|
Head of Technology
£80,000-£120,000 plus bonus & benefits
About our client:
Our client is an FCA regulated Foreign Exchange provider and Risk Management specialist. They have been operating since 2003 making them one of the oldest regulated Brokerages in London. They are now looking to hire a Head of Technology to help grow and lead everything Tech.
About the Head of Technology role:
The Head of Technology requires a proven background in leading and developing software technical teams within a Fintech or FX organisation. This role is to drive the technology department to the next level, take ownership while being an influence at board level. If you live and breathe tech, have a passion and the ability to transform a whole technology project, then this is the role for you.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Technology is responsible for all aspects of the Technology side of the business including Service Operations, Technical / infrastructure services, Project Delivery, Database Architecture, System Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Software Design and Supplier Management.
Head of Technology Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing and implementing the strategic technology plan and vision for the business.
• Leads and defines the overall Technology strategy incorporating all processes
• Establish formal policies and frameworks to support consistent service delivery.
• Leads and defines the Technical Architecture strategy and delivery ensuring cost effective solutions in accordance with IT risk, security & policy standards.
• Revered as an expert of their specialist area; aware of industry best practice and incorporates into working practices across the Technology landscape.
• Accountable for the IT Architecture, ensuring the required levels of IT resilience are provisioned for both internal technology and technology supplied by 3rd
• Senior relationship owner for all technical IT services, provided via third parties, ensuring they are fit for purpose, meet service levels
• Keeps abreast of emerging technology and tools that could enhance the IT (technical) Services
• Provides direct management and mentoring to team, providing development opportunities and career advancement as appropriate
Head of Technology Requirements:
• Proven experience as Head of Technology or within a similar role
• Experience in managing complex budgets and projects
• Be a driven and proactive individual
• Heading up technical teams with a mixture of software development and architecture
• Excellent experience in software architecture, system architecture, security, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence, programming and software design, ideally you are familiar with Bitrix24, Golang, React/node.js, PHP, SQS, AWS, Docker Swarm, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift
• Leading and defining the Technical Architecture strategy
• Leading and defining the overall Technology strategy, taking full ownership
• Customer experience essential with a strong emphasis digital business model.
• A proven track record delivering technical transformation in relation to data center & cloud solutions
• A proven track record of achieving outstanding results within service operations environment including management of 3rd party suppliers and effective use of service management & system monitoring tools
• Experienced in all aspects of supplier selection and supplier management in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience managing various software full project lifecycles within a Delivery Environment
• Experience in balancing service & infrastructure maintenance, alongside transformational change
• Experience working within a similar sized & growing FX business would be desirable.
• Previous experience as a full stack developer using a similar tech stack would also be highly desirable.
If you think that you are suitable for this Head of Technology role, please apply now.