Chartered Engineering Geologist
|Posting date:||11 September 2019|
|Closing date:||20 September 2019|
|Location:||Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2EE|
As a result of a growth in major and varied project work we are looking to recruit a Chartered Engineering Geologist to provide ground engineering input at all project stages from feasibility studies, through to design to construction supervision.
As part of the engineering geology team, you will assist in the management and delivery of geotechnical projects whilst also supporting the broader engineering geology resource team. You'll be involved in project management duties such as undertaking quality and financial management (including budgeting and cost control) and liaise with both internal and external clients as well as assist with guiding and mentoring Graduate Engineers within the team. Working within a dynamic team you will have the opportunity to be involved in technical specialist areas such as seismic design, geomorphological mapping and GIS. In addition to this, due to the international nature of our work there will be opportunities for you to work on overseas projects which are sometimes undertaken in remote areas requiring self-sufficiency, fitness and personal robust.
Key responsibilities will involve the following:
- Preparing desk studies and technical reports
- Planning, procuring, supervising and reporting on ground investigations to the requirements of EC7 (Eurocode-7)
- Provide engineering geological input and parameter derivation, in both soils and rock for a range of geotechnical design areas including foundations and substructures, slope stability assessment, earthworks, tunnels etc.
- Provide input to soil and rock mechanics analyses as well as classifying rock masses using rock mass rating systems
Does this sound like you?
As an Engineering Geology professional within the UK ground engineering market, you are able to demonstrate your geotechnical and ground engineering expertise including previous experience in ground investigation procurement, supervision and interpretation as well as geotechnical design. You are familiar with Eurocode-7 (EC7) and understand the UK ground engineering sectors contract conditions and specifications. Throughout your Consultancy background, you have gained strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable liaising with Clients, collaborating and communicating effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders. Additionally, you are used to working within a team environment and delivering various medium-large projects (ideally multidisciplinary) within ground engineering.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree educated in a Ground Engineering related subject (preferably with an MSc or similar)
- Chartered, or close to Chartership submission with a UK professional organisation (or similar)
- Project management experience including financial management and quality control
Due to the nature of our work and projects, you will be willing to travel nationally to visit various clients and it is essential that you hold a UK driving license in order to travel to remote sites when required. If you are willing to travel for overseas projects, this will be advantageous. Although not essential, it would be beneficial if you have previous experience working in the hydropower sector, on contaminated land projects and within geomorphical or geological mapping and GIS.
A little about us
Our Foundations and Geotechnics team manages and delivers designs for major below ground civil projects and is recognised as authoritative and cutting edge. We specialise in all aspects of foundations, geotechnics and tunnelling, and contribute to some of the largest and most demanding structures in the world. We provide expertise in value engineering, geotechnical advice, geotechnical information management, site investigation, rock engineering, slope engineering, coastal engineering and environmental geotechnics. Supporting our civil design capability, we have specialist engineering geology, numerical modelling, seismic and hydrogeology expertise within the division and our project portfolio include Crossrail, Thames Tideway, Wembley, Victoria Station Upgrade, Budapest Metro, Dublin Interconnector, to name a few.
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.