Extra Care Support Worker
|Posting date:||21 August 2019|
|Salary:||£7.20 to £8.50 per hour|
|Closing date:||17 September 2019|
|Location:||Stockport, Greater Manchester|
At present we are looking for warm, flexible and motivated individuals to work in our supported living extra care schemes based in Marple, Edgeley, Reddish and Heald Green, Stockport. You will be providing personalised care and support to older adults who may have a learning disability and/or mental health needs. You will work in the principle of Creative Support and promote active and independent lifestyles for the adults you support. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to provide respectful personal care. We welcome applicants who are experienced as well as those who are looking for a new career in the care sector.
Creative Support also offers a wide range of training courses and this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector as we also offer the QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2 – 5. As a support worker, we will support your continuous development by providing accredited courses such as person centred planning, communication approaches and many more. Although previous experience in a similar role is more advantageous, we would like to encourage the people with the right values and have the passion to provide extra care to apply and work to make a difference.
Our other benefits include:
• Guaranteed Contracted Hours (Full and part time hours available between 7.00am and 10.30pm. No travelling from site during shift times.)
• Free life assurance
• Pension with company contribution
• A range of employee discounts
Creative Support is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering local high quality care through a well established and supported local work force.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.