|Posting date:||21 August 2019|
|Salary:||£23,500 per year|
|Closing date:||20 September 2019|
Job Title: Recovery Worker
Salary: £23,500 per annum
Location: Ashford Hub, Kent
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Forward Trust is a social enterprise with charitable status that empowers people to break the often interlinked cycles of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives.
Our services are designed primarily to deliver psychosocial drug and alcohol interventions and treatment programmes for service users that are identified as having an alcohol or drug problem.
We are currently looking for a Recovery Worker to deliver client centred treatments.
Role responsibilities for the Recovery Worker:
• Deliver client centred treatment depending on the requirements of the individual client
• Carry out risk/initial/comprehensive assessments to inform substance misuse treatment and mental health pathways
• Manage a caseload, care plan and risk assess for service users
• Deliver structured 1:1 and group-work sessions
• Carry out substance misuse and low level mental health interventions
• Provide appropriate harm reduction advice and guidance
• Support service users in the development of release plans which are appropriate to their needs
• Contribute to the targets set by Forward and the local commissioners
• Pre-release planning and support from prison to the community via integrated working with community agencies
• In order to compliment clinical provision you may be required to complete second signatory and oral swab testing.
Requirements for the Recovery Worker:
• Flexibility is required in this role, as it may include some evening/weekend shifts and travel to other projects in your cluster to deliver recovery services
• Experience of supporting individuals with alcohol or drug addictions
• Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care
• Knowledge of different recovery models and of facilitating groups
• Risk assessment and care planning experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal and administration skills
• Results and outcome-orientated
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of any gender, ethnicity, and culture. We welcome people with lived experience to apply.
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019