|Posting date:||21 August 2019|
|Salary:||£8.25 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||Avery Healthcare is an award-winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highes|
|Closing date:||20 September 2019|
|Location:||Derby, WS13 6SP|
|Company:||Avery Healthcare Group|
Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery you can expect:
* highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
39 hours per week -working varying shifts on a rota basis, to include alternate weekends
£8.25 per hour
Derby Heights, located in Littleover,are currently recruiting for dedicated andcaring team players to join us as Care Assistants. As Care Assistant, it is desirable that you hold a Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), alongside experience of a similar role. It is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. A full induction programme will be provided, alongside formal training opportunities.
The role will require you to work shifts on a rota.
The key responsibilities of our Care Assistants include:
- Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
- Supporting residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas; ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings, and participating in training sessions.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintainpositive relationships with allresidents, family,visitors and colleagues.
Avery Healthcare is an award-winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.We are always seeking high-quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff, when combined with our diligent approach to care, enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish. Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential.