Maintenance Craftsperson | St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Posting date:||21 August 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£25,489 - £28,513 pro rata pa inc|
|Closing date:||20 September 2019|
|Location:||London, SW17 0QT|
|Company:||st georges nhs trust|
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundations Trust is going through an exciting period of change and development to support delivery of our vision and strategic objectives. Although the Trust is facing significant financial challenges, we are making major investments in the environment, updating infrastructure and are developing a programme to commence the demolition of grade D buildings. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced dynamic individual to join St George’s university hospitals NHS foundation Trust as a Building Craftsperson working within the estates operational maintenance team. This posts offer an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building Craftsperson to join an expanding operational maintenance team and maintain a portfolio of healthcare buildings to help the Trust achieve its vision of service provision improvement. You will be expected to work closely with a wide range of staff from different disciplines including Clinicians and Design Consultants to deliver schemes to support a high standard of patient care.
The successful applicant will be responsible for repairs to building fabric such as painting, carpentry, plaster, walls, ceilings, paths, roadways, flooring, external building fabric, windows, doors and fire doors. They will be required to undertake maintenance, repairs, minor improvement and capital work across the Trust and its contracted customers, ensuring compliance with Trust safety standards and procedures. If you:
• are professionally qualified to undertake building infrastructure repairs/refurbs to various mechanical, electrical and building fabric issues.
• Have experience of maintaining the above, within the National Health Service, public or construction sectors
• Have experience of working within a busy environment to strict deadlines
• Have necessary skills to be an active part of an enthusiastic multi-skilled team
For further details / informal visits contact: Rathan Nagendra, Asst Director, Estates on 020 8725 1832
This advert closes on Sunday 8 Sep 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.