|Posting date:||20 August 2019|
|Salary:||£75,000.00 per year|
|Closing date:||19 September 2019|
|Location:||Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BY|
Lead Architect - Defence
Excellent base salary
Benefits incl. £6,400 car allowance, 15% bonus, 10% pension, family medical cover
Working at a senior architect level and managing a design team, to define and deliver major technical projects/strategies/architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contribute key insights. Responsible for the overall design to meet current and future customer needs through changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects alongside the technology components and solutions.
The role will report into the Capability Lead/CTO and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution
- Leads the definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
- Manage 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
Technical Skills (SME at three or more of the following)
- Virtualisation technologies.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- Microsoft technology design and implementation.
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
- Storage / backup and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Cloud automation & Provisioning including OS Blueprints, Network Services, Catalog, Orchestration, Self Service Portal
- KMS, Encryption Design
- Impex - secure import export process to transfer objects between clouds at different security classifications
- Hands on experience building solutions from cloud solution components using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible or Chef
- DBaaS for SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
The reward for the right candidate is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding organisation offering excellent long-term career prospects, as well as a competitive salary and full company benefits. Please apply with current CV indicating your relevant experience and qualifications.
We are fully committed to the development of a diverse workforce. Therefore, applications for employment are always fully considered, irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith, sexual orientation.