|Posting date:||20 August 2019|
|Closing date:||19 September 2019|
|Location:||Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BY|
Technical Architect - Defence
Basingstoke / Bracknell
£75,000 base salary
Benefits incl. £6,400 car allowance, 15% bonus, 10% pension, family medical cover
We're looking for experienced Technical Architects to join our dynamic team, working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to provide better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology offering ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
The role will report into the bid team lead and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution
- Leads the definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards
- Manage 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution delivery
- Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business
Technical Skills (SME at 2 or more of the following):
- Virtualisation technologies.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- Microsoft technology design and implementation.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- Secure Systems hardening
- Storage / backup and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Hands on experience building solutions from cloud solution components using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible or Chef
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
- SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB VDI
Please apply with a copy of your latest CV or get in touch with Georgina at Experis for more information.