|Posting date:||21 September 2019|
|Salary:||£33,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||£33,000|
|Closing date:||20 October 2019|
|Location:||London, NW1 8EH|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a HR Advisor to join our team in Camden. The HR team provides the full range of HR and OD services. We support One Housing’s corporate plan, particularly the ‘people’ pillar of the plan. We manage the outsourced payroll function, provide advice on all HR related matters, provide learning and development opportunities and drive organisational development through working closely with the business. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
The Advisor role is a pivotal role within our structure. You are the main point of contact for managers in One Housing and you support and advise them on a broad range of matters. You coach our managers to help them inspire their teams and achieve optimal performance. You track our key performance indicators and use these to develop improvements. You manage the payroll for your business unit and get involved in projects.
- Provide a high quality proactive HR service to the business, focused on business outcome and results.
- Deliver the relevant ‘People’ elements of One Housing’s Corporate Plan.
- Identify patterns, trends, solutions and improvements from a wide range of sources and continually seek to improve HR KPIs that you produce.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with managers; supporting them to deliver their business plans and the One Housing’s corporate plan, whilst ensuring the consistent application of HR policies.
- Deliver training, influence, coach and guide managers on the full range of HR policies, processes and practices, including but not limited to: resourcing; performance management; employee engagement; organisational development; talent management; reward & recognition and change management.
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness, with particular regard, but not limited to: payroll, other employee data, maintaining appropriate documentation and HR reporting.
- Lead on policy review, development and roll-out across the organisation.
- Actively support internal marketing and the positive promotion of the HR function through establishing and maintaining credibility as a HR professional and acting as an ambassador for One Housing.
- Manage projects within time and resource constraints, whilst also ensuring day to day operational service is maintained.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to HR Assistants in order to aid in their development and breadth of experience.
Skills & experience
- CIPD Qualified or working toward with a strong knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of working with Trade Unions.
- Good knowledge of pay and benefit structures and operating with numerous terms and conditions.
- Strong strategic focus on business objectives with the ability to operate at Director level
- Ability to deliver organisational development initiatives across the business as an integrated solution, considering effects on engagement, perceptions and culture for example.
- High levels of influence and credibility as a Senior HR professional in order to gain buy-in at Senior Management Team level.
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
Benefits and next steps
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £32,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
One Housing are committed to the principles of Leadership 2025, an initiative spearheaded by our Group Board Chair, Steve Douglas, which aims to increase the representation of black and minority ethnic people in leadership positions in the UK housing sector. We are also supporters of Women in Social Housing (WISH), promoting and encouraging young women to choose and progress careers in the sector.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people; Apply Now!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.