Bar and Waiting Apprentice - The Old Ferry Boat - St Ives
|Posting date:||20 August 2019|
|Salary:||£184.50 per week|
|Additional salary information:||Minimum 30 hours per week (including Evenings and Weekends)|
|Closing date:||19 September 2019|
|Location:||Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE27 4TG|
The Old Ferry Boat provides a vast range of tasty pub favourites as well as a traditional daily carvery with a fantastic choice of fresh vegetables and succulent roasted joints of meat. Their generous, eye catching cakes are regarded as their unique selling point, displayed in cabinets in the centre of their business to create a real talking point for customers.
They aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages, including a distraction zone for children to keep them occupied. They aim to be the first choice for families. You’ll find personal touches throughout their pubs and in everything they do.
The teams at The Old Ferry Boat are the people who make their pubs so special, creating the warm and friendly atmosphere they’re renowned for. They are passionate about developing the skills of their people. That’s why they’re offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship from entry Level 2 through to management Level 4. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’ve completed your apprenticeship.
You will be paid the National Minimum Wage for your age.
Responsibilities included in this role:
• Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Serve food at the table
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
• Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
• Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
• Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
• 33% off meals and drinks at any Greene King Managed Site
• Pension scheme
• Save As You Earn (Share scheme)
• Donate to charity of your choice through payroll – donations taken before tax.
• Up to 28 days paid holiday
• Refer a friend and receive up to £1,000 (£500 AM/KM & £1000GM)
• Pay national minimum wage for your age
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Service Functional Skills in Maths Functional Skills in English Functional Skills in ICTLength of Apprenticeship
The Old Ferry Boat - St Ives