Junior Researcher - Documentary Development
|Posting date:||20 August 2019|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive|
|Closing date:||19 September 2019|
|Location:||London, W12 7FA|
The Arts, History and Documentary and Digital Unit, part of BBC Studios, is looking for a trainee researcher to join our development team for a period of 12 weeks, with the possibility to extend.
The role will involve assisting our development teams across our three specialist genres and digital story-telling.
The role will involve tasks such as factual research, generating new ideas, contributing to brainstorms, admin and organisational support, writing research notes, picture research, writing emails and making phone calls for research and access, helping to design treatments and more.
We will provide support and training so you can develop your creative, research, pitching and communication skills.
- An interest in a career in television development.
- Excellent communication skills especially writing.
- A love of a range of factual television.
- Lots of ideas.
- A curiosity about different kinds of media (short form, long form, podcasts, print journalism, etc).
We are interested in attracting a broad talent pool and would welcome applications from under-represented groups.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.