|Posting date:||19 August 2019|
|Salary:||£15.49 per hour|
|Additional salary information:||Free DBS and uniform|
|Closing date:||18 September 2019|
|Location:||Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA|
|Company:||Newcross Healthcare Solutions|
If the answer is yes then we want you!
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for qualified Support Workers to deliver expert support to our service users in Plymouth, Saltash, Callington and the surrounding areas.Role Details:
Our Support Workers are responsible for providing care that supports life activities, enabling patients to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
Our successful applicants will need to have sensitive and professional manners since they will be working in close contact with our clients and their immediate family.We require:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Plymouth Team:
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.Why Work for Newcross?
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Working with Newcross, you will benefit from our Perks at Work scheme and Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, which allows you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)Do you want to progress in your career?
With us, you'll have the chance to gain new skills thanks to our free training courses, earned through training credits while you work. Five training credits are accrued per hour worked with our clients.
Some of the courses we offer include: End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults and many more!Apply today!
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.