OPEN RECRUITMENT EVENING - Band 5 & 6 - Cancer Nursing Careers: Haematology Wards
|Posting date:||17 September 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£29,057 - £44,044 per annum inclusive (depending on experience)|
|Closing date:||16 October 2019|
|Location:||London, NW1 2PG|
|Company:||University College London Hospital|
Open Evening: Band 5 & 6 - Cancer Nursing Careers: Haematology Wards, University College London Hospitals
Date: Wednesday 18thSeptember 2019:
Location: Bonham Carter House.Gower Street.Bloomsbury, London.WC1E 6EB
(Nearest Tube Stations are Warren Street and Euston Square).
ALL registered nurses are welcome. You may be…
• A soon to be qualified nurse
• A nurse with experience looking to change specialities
• An oncology nurse looking to work in haematology cancer care
• An experienced haematology nurse looking for broader experience and career opportunity
The UCLH Haematology Cancer Unit
We have the largest and most state of the art haematology service in Europe including 5 dedicated Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation wards, a dedicated Daycare and Ambulatory Cancer Centre and a brand new Haematology Hospital opening in 2020.
Why Work on our Haematology Wards?
The wards are interesting, challenging and motivating nursing environments. We have superb Ward Sisters and Charge Nurses leading equally superb teams of haematology nurses. Staffing levels are good and morale is high. We provide unprecedented levels of post graduate educational courses, degree and Masters pathways which we fully support. As a result of this positive nursing culture, patient feedback is consistently exceptional.
Nurses that develop their haematology experience and skills on our wards open their careers up to many different opportunities such as becoming Clinical Nurse Specialists, Advanced Nursing Practitioners, Cancer Educationists, or Clinical Trials Nurses. Equally, many of our ward staff make a career on our wards, progressing to different levels of ward nursing leadership. Two of our Ward Sisters have recently been awarded medals from the Chief Nursing Office for England.
Our Open Day
The day is designed to give you opportunity to tour the service and meet our senior and junior staff so you can see the opportunities here yourself. You are very welcome to just have a look around. Or, if of interest, we will provide a ‘one stop shop’ service, where we aim to start and complete the interview and assessment process in one evening!
This advert closes on Wednesday 18 Sep 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.