Vehicle Technician - Guildford Workshop
|Posting date:||12 March 2020|
|Closing date:||11 April 2020|
|Location:||Guildford, GU1 1AE|
We are now recruiting Vehicle Technicians at Guildford Workshop on a permanent contract, with the potential to earn over £30,000 p.a.
Do you want to join the largest fleet operator in the UK? Do you want to take the next step and develop your career?
With a Fleet of over 49,000 vehicles, meeting the challenge of maintaining our vehicles and those of our customers is a real team effort. With the opportunity to work on all makes and models of vehicle for the general public and other businesses, there couldn’t be a better time to join Royal Mail as a Vehicle Technician.
We are looking for professional vehicle technicians to perform a full range of inspections, diagnosis, maintenance and repair procedures on all types of vehicle, trailers and mechanical equipment operated by Royal Mail Group and its customers. As a team player who takes real pride in their work, you’ll be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure the job is done effectively.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least advanced level (IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification) and have proven (via CV) experience of working on a wide range of vehicles for example LGV.
We also require you to have a full driving licence (LGV preferable).
With career progression and development opportunities, you’ll be able to make your mark at Royal Mail.
With a salary of £28,354 per annum plus a fleet allowance of £618.84 per annum and an area allowance of £1826.27 per annum, a Royal Mail Technician can expect to earn £30,798 per annum excluding overtime.
• Four weeks annual holiday (plus bank holidays) on entry, with the option to purchase more.
• A 35.5 hour working week
• A competitive company pension scheme
• All tools and equipment supplied
• A great opportunity to develop your career working for the largest fleet operator in the UK
Full time - 35.5 hours per week (rotating shift pattern; week 1: 06:00 - 14:00, week 2: 11:00 - 19:00)
If you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, please click ‘Apply now’.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link (http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-people).
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.