General Manager Designate
|Posting date:||11 October 2019|
|Salary:||£50,000 to £60,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits|
|Closing date:||09 November 2019|
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
General Manager Designate
BARTS Health Trust, East London
Full Time Permanent – 37.5 Hours per week.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
In the Bart’s Health NHS Trust there are a group of five hospitals have been working together since 2012. They are internationally known for our excellence and innovation, and each of our hospitals celebrates a rich and varied history. The trust is very proud of the part the hospitals have played in improving lives for people in East London over hundreds of years, and in their ability to overcome challenges, coming out stronger and continuing to improve.
Serco provide back office support services for the hospitals across the trust which include a variety of Soft and Hard FM Services including Catering, Cleaning, Maintenance and Portering. We are looking to recruit for a General Manager Designate at the sites on a permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week.
Part of a senior management team led by our Contract Director that delivers and continually improves services across several hospitals which comprise the Serco contract for this prestigious NHS Trust situated in East London. The services cover the full range of Soft FM services within a demanding healthcare environment.
The General Manager Designate will provide cover for existing GM roles and will ultimately be deployed to a specific hospital where they will be responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, the development and maintenance of effective relationships with the customer at all levels, the delivery of contracted services including internal and external compliance standards, development of employee engagement and delivery of the site business plan.
- Leading by example promote a positive HSE culture ensuring local controls are in place for providing assurance that HSE risks are effectively managed
- Takes responsibility for building customer advocacy with all stakeholders, including the Trust, the client, members of the general public, Senior Managers and colleagues by fostering a partnership approach to relationships.
- Understands key business drivers, actively develops and implements solutions to enhance the delivery of exceptional service and align operational strategies and priorities accordingly to balance customer and business needs.
- Ensure appropriate governance is in place to comply with health, safety and other legal requirements within the department, working always within the Serco Management System (SMS).
- Supply technical knowledge (SME) and input across the contract and Serco as required.
- Report on business performance through KPI reports and PMS.
- Analyse the business performance of the service(s), using the data to drive decision making and operational improvements.
- To provide leadership and management such that all employees understand and adopt the strategy and plans and are motivated to achieve their objectives in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure a culture of high employee engagement and participation through effective and sustained people strategies aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Take responsibility for the training and development of employees, ensuring that all employees work safely and that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PPE and other control standards.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels.
- The post holder will be financially accountable for the services he/she is responsible for, including the preparation, monitoring and management of the budget in line with agreed contract objectives.
- Implement and maintain controls to deliver forecasts
This is not an exhaustive list; you may be asked to carry out other responsibilities within the scope of your role.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role within an acute Healthcare environment
- IOSH Managing Safely or higher qualification in Health & Safety
- CMI/ILM – management level 5 or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills: influence, support and steer a large diverse team
- Highly self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Strong ability to identify, analyse and develop continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong people management skills including managing absence, conflict, discipline and grievance, performance, learning and development
- Effective communication skills
- Highly developed negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Numeracy skills required for management of budgets
- Confident with IT equipment and software including normal business applications
- Working in facilities management / hotel services operational role in an NHS Acute or Mental Health Hospital environment
- Managing and building a team
- Managing a budget
- Leading and facilitating transformational change
- Dealing with difficult situation
- Awareness of good business management practices e.g. cost control, staff rostering, people management
- Problem solving at a strategic level
There are a range of benefits available to the successful candidate for working at Serco Health within the Bart’s Health NHS Trust. Please apply with a copy of your CV should you be interested in this role.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.