|Posting date:||17 November 2019|
|Salary:||£17,652 per year|
|Closing date:||16 December 2019|
|Location:||Dartford, DA2 8DA|
Part Time: (20 hours) flexible ad-hoc cover across Monday to Sunday
Hours: 4.00pm - 8.00pm
Location: Darent Valley Hospital
Salary: £17,652 pro rata
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
To prepare and serve food and beverages to patients throughout their stay in Hospital. To carry out an exceptional standard of food service and distribution of beverages, cleaning duties, food safety and the site-based HACCP plan. Serco are seeking an employee with exceptional communication skills and an understanding of the patient experience will be key to the delivery of a high-quality catering service.
- To prepare and serve food and beverages to patients throughout their stay in Hospital.
- Collecting of the appropriate trolley for the employees designated area of work and completing basic checks to ascertain the correct levels of hot and cold food items, snacks, diets and stores.
- Communicating efficiently with the Patient Dining team in correcting any errors of raising any concerns regarding issues that may affect the patient experience or food service.
- To liaise with the ward team and dietetic department to make sure that all patients are served a dietary meal as prescribed by the relevant dietetic or Speech and language department or ward personnel.
- Ensure all catering equipment and the area for which you work are both fit for work and free from hazards of possible to either patients, NHS staff or colleagues.
- To be able to deal with patient queries or concerns from day to day patient engagement or from the ward based surveys.
- To assist in adhering to the NHS protected mealtime policy and patient confidentiality.
- To follow Serco’s site-based HACCP (Hazard Analysis Of Critical Control Points) plan when working in all food areas.
- Daily cleaning tasks including patient tables, the safe storing and monitoring of perishable items band all other noted tasks associated with food safety.
- To ensure all patients have availability to food and beverages as per the SOP (standard operating procedure) and the correct menu information to make the appropriate choice for all services. Picture or dementia friendly menus must be used when appropriate, while offering the patient guidance when necessary.
- To ensure that patient cutlery, crockery and glass wear is cleared and washed to an exceptional standard, while following HACCP regulations on process and temperature for both washing, rinsing and the appropriate daily internal cleaning cycle.
- To request and deliver ward provisions on a daily basis, while keeping these to an acceptable level and rotating stock.
- To ensure patients receive the stipulated amount of water and beverages with jugs and cups to be washed daily.
- To observe the relevant food safety guidelines (as per the mandatory level 2 food hygiene certificate), Serco Health & safety directives, Fire guidance, pest control procedures, site led infection control legislation, company initiatives/ guidance and all other departmental instruction.
- It is mandatory to attend and sign annual training sessions from a departmental perspective as well as annual sessions on dietetics, speech & language, Fire, manual handling, infection control, COSHH and any other training in line with current workplace legislation.
- All Trust employees are required to observe and comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures for infection control ensuring the environment in which they work is safe, clean and tidy.
- An ability to work in external areas from DVH (including Elm Court and Jasmine wards) after the appropriate training has been completed to cover leave and unplanned absence.
- Any other duties required by the catering supervisor/kitchen manager
- Good verbal communication skills and customer service skills
- Previous catering experience is required
- Experience of working with cleaning chemicals would be beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge Health & Safety including participation in risk assessing individual tasks.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1). On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 (select option 1) as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.