|Posting date:||24 August 2019|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000 per year|
|Closing date:||22 September 2019|
|Location:||London, SE17 3PY|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to progress to the next level of their HR career.
If you have good knowledge of generalist HR and now want to put that knowledge into practice, then this may be the role for you.
Reed in Partnership – what are we trying to achieve
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
The HR Adviser is responsible for providing generalist HR advice and interventions across a selection of our programmes, under the support and guidance of the HR Business Partner.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Providing support to line management on coaching and training staff and pro-actively managing performance
- Support the HR Business Partner with investigating and responding to any formal grievances or complaints
- Work with our internal recruitment partners to manage our recruitment needs, including assessing potential candidates
- Support the HR Business Partner with TUPEs, restructuring and planning organisational design
Skills & Experience
- Must be either CIPD qualified or working towards qualified status
- Experience of supporting management on employee relations issues, organisation design and internal/external recruitment exercises
- A practical and up to date understanding of employment law, tactful and discreet in handling sensitive personal information
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving and good analytical skills,
- Confident communicator with ability to articulate a high level of oral and written English, willing to challenge and confront where appropriate
- Experience of leading and or supporting investigations into allegations of misconduct(s)
- Experience supporting on HR projects involving consultative activity with internal/external stakeholders
- Willingness to travel across the UK where necessary
- Experience of working with HR systems (Oracle, Logiforms etc)
What's in it for you?
You will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata), the chance to buy, sell and carry over holiday, paid sabbaticals after every 5 years of service, long standing service awards, a discount scheme, pension, season ticket loans, access to health insurance, free eye tests, personal development schemes, paid rewards for innovative ideas, childcare vouchers and many many more!
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.