Regional Care Assistant
|Posting date:||22 July 2019|
|Salary:||£9.5 to £10.5 per hour|
|Closing date:||21 August 2019|
|Company:||Barchester Healthcare Limited|
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Regional Care Assistant with Barchester care homes, you’ll deliver warm, empathetic and respectful care and support across a 20-mile radius to help our residents get the most out of life. On a practical level, you can expect to monitor the delivery of care when on duty, contribute to the person-centred care planning process for each resident and record observations on things like temperature and blood pressure – amongst a range of other important tasks. The role of Regional Care Assistant is very varied and also involves providing support and companionship. It’s vital for us that every resident enjoys meaningful one-to-one time with our carers, every single shift.
A background in care is important for the role of Regional Care Assistant, and you’ll need a good understanding of elderly care. A Level 2 NVQ in Health & Social Care would be useful, as would a good understanding of the wider healthcare industry. Ideally, you’ll also have a C or above in GCSE English and Maths. Dedicated and compassionate, your passion for people means you’ll go above and beyond to support the wellbeing of residents. Because you’ll be travelling across the area, you’ll either need your own car or ready access to one. We’ll cover your mileage when you travel over five miles from your main home, and if you’re on duty at the time of an inspection and we achieve a ‘Good’ rating, you’ll qualify for a bonus.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you’d like to use your care experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is a rewarding place to be.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.