Principle Engineer (Murex DevOps)
|Posting date:||20 July 2019|
|Closing date:||19 August 2019|
|Location:||London, EC2M 4RB|
|Company:||Royal Bank of Scotland Group|
Join us in London as a Principle Engineer
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- You'll be transforming our technology platform, making sure simplification and cost savings are generated while delivering high quality platform capability to the business lines
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
What you'll do
You'll be joining Wholesale Solutions, part of Enterprise Solutions in Services, providing technology platforms to NatWest Markets and the wider NatWest bank. You'll be applying widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines.
You'll also be:
- Liaising with lead engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives and requirements
- Delivering well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing complexity as well as maintainability and serviceability
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
- Driving the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Writing unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality, as well as concise yet comprehensive technical documentation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, with demonstrable experience developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm.
You'll have knowledge of key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies, paired with an ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions. You'll also have proven integration with Murex test automation experience along with the automation of Murex configuration management, build and deployment processes.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience of Jira and Jira integrations, as well as Git or Bitbucket and integrations
- Knowledge of deployment automation scripting tools, such as Ansible
- Development experience in one programming language
- Experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling
- Experience designing or implementing APIs
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .