Talent Manager - Graduate Programme
|Posting date:||20 September 2019|
|Salary:||£35,000 to £50,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||Salary from £35,000 per annum plus attractive benefits|
|Closing date:||19 October 2019|
|Location:||Hook, RG27 9UY|
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Job Title: Talent Manager – Graduate Programme
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Salary from £35,000 per annum plus attractive benefits
About the role
We are looking for an experience HR / L&D professional to manage the entire life cycle of Serco’s annual UK Cohort for the Global Graduate Programme.
From working with the recruitment team on attraction, through to selection, assessment, onboarding and management of the placements and each subsequent cohort as well as managing and communicating with senior Stakeholders.
The role will be a single point of contact, a coach, an ambassador, a confidant, an active advisor, role model, mentor, guide and partner – for the graduates and for the placement managers.
We expect this role to be an early career thought leader and expert – brining innovation and best practice to early careers talent attraction, management and development.
You will be expected to travel to Serco locations across the UK in this role so good mobility is key.
- Designing and managing the delivery of innovative graduate development programme within a large, complex organisation.
- Designing and managing the delivery of assessment centres.
- Understanding of methods of assessing ability, competence and personality profiling
- Conducting needs analysis to design bespoke or buy in off the shelf solutions
- Practical understanding of leadership styles and their application in personal development activities
- Excellent coaching and Internal consultancy skills – trusted partner/stakeholder manager.
- High level of facilitation experience.
- An understanding of how to appeal to early career talent.
- Able to devise simple, effective solutions in a complex environment.
- CIPD qualified (preferable)
- Level A&B trained (preferable)
- Experience of budget management.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.