Support Officer- Camden
|Posting date:||20 August 2019|
|Salary:||£22,550 per year|
|Closing date:||18 September 2019|
|Location:||Camden, NW3 6EF|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of our customers, building confidence and skills to allow them to move on independently with their child, while playing an active role in their communities. We view all our customers as individuals with specific needs, treating them with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results. Develop, with staff and customers, a wide range of activities, work experience and training opportunities designed to provide young people with additional life skills.
What You Will be Doing
We have an opportunity for a Support Officer to join our team in Camden.
We are looking for motivated, flexible and committed individual to work at our exceptional 8-bed, 24 hour complex needs young parents’ scheme in Camden.
You will be responsible for support plans, risk assessments, customer reviews, undertaking Parenting Assessments, developing parenting skills and independent living skills. You will have experience of working with young parents and have demonstrable experience of parenting work/parenting assessments, family support, child protection and some experience of care proceedings. At times you will be asked to support colleagues with group work.
- Applicants must possess a degree level qualification in social work, health and social care or child and family studies.
- You will have knowledge of child development and the impact of abuse on a child’s well being.
- Have experience of planning 1-1 work with hard to engage parents and undertaking observations as part of the assessment process.
- You will already have or be willing to work towards training to deliver a recognised parenting course - eg Triple P, Mellow Parenting, Webster Stratton etc
- You must be able to recognise safeguarding issues relating to children and vulnerable adults
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports for meetings related to the welfare of the child is a must – eg child protection meetings, child in need meetings, in house Review meetings, strategy meetings, legal planning meetings and care proceedings.
What's in it For You:
- Salary – £22,500
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.