Pharmacist Technician (Bank)
|Posting date:||28 June 2019|
|Additional salary information:||COMPETITIVE|
|Closing date:||31 August 2019|
|Location:||Horton NHS Treatment Centre, Banbury, OX16 9FG|
Bank Pharmacy Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and pro-active Pharmacist Technician to join our team at Ramsay Health Care’s Horton Treatment Centre. This is a BANK role looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician to support the Pharmacist in the provision of pharmacy services for the Treatment Centre.
As one of Oxfordshire’s leading private and NHS “Choose & Book” hospitals, The Horton Treatment Centre is at the forefront of medical technology and patient care. If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction the Horton Treatment Centre is for you. The hospital offers a wide variety of specialties and prides itself on providing a high standard of care to both patients and staff.
Details of the position:
The post is for a bank position (zero hour contracts) where you will be called to cover leave such as annual leave and training from Monday to Friday and the possibility of some Saturdays. Enthusiasm and flexibility are essential. As a key member of the department, you will support the Pharmacy Manager in the provision of pharmacy services including ordering, stock control and preparation of drugs and medicines. This will include providing advice to patients and clinical staff on pharmaceutical products (within the limits of your role).
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the pharmacist to ensure that Inpatient Prescription Record Charts are checked regularly to ensure treatment is appropriate, both clinical and financially and that the patient has sufficient supplies
- Providing straightforward advice to patients/carers and clinical staff on pharmaceutical products
- Ensuring that the agreed standards of patient care and confidentiality are maintained in accordance with Ramsay policies
- Adhering to GPhC standards of conduct, ethics and performance
- Ordering and stock control of medication for the Treatment Centre.
The successful candidate will also hold the following essential qualifications/criteria:
- NVQ3, BTEC in Pharmaceutical Science of equivalent level
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- At least 4 GCSEs (A-C), including English maths and science or equivalent qualifications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- Demonstrated Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated Computer skills
- It would also be desirable for the application to have experience working in a hospital environment.
In return we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
Horton Treatment Centre is part of the Ramsay Health Care group and provides clinical care to private, insured and NHS patients.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
Oxford Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 9FG