TEAM LEADER -HUNTERS LODGE- RICKMANSWORTH
|Posting date:||25 June 2019|
|Salary:||£10.50 to £10.50 per hour|
|Closing date:||25 July 2019|
We are recruiting for a Team Leader to join our rated GOOD by CQC residential service, Hunters Lodge in Rickmansworth.
Hunters Lodge has free on-site parking, and also has excellent transport links being a 10 minute walk from the station and also just only 2 minute walk from the bus stop!
At Hunters Lodge, the established and friendly staffing team support 12 Service Users who have learning disabilities, mental health, autism and epilepsy.
The Service Users at Hunters Lodge are very active. They enjoy going to the cinema, theatre, attending football matches, going for meals out and much more… When in the service, they enjoy socialising together in their fantastic garden, arts and crafts, music sessions, aromatherapy sessions, table-top games and simply relaxing in their communal lounge!
At Caretech we work in partnership with people with physical and learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At CareTech, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us
We believe that all our employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways CareTech will value and invest in you.
• We offer full time permanent contract
• We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
• Career progression path within the company
• Competitive rates of pay
• Employee Assistance Helpline
• Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
• Retail discount vouchers
• Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
• DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To supervise the staff team effectively to promote personal development within the CareTech Team in line with company policies and procedures
• To maintain quality service standards provided in accordance with individual contractual specification
• To uphold and promote service user and staff team’s equality
• Develop and promote robust risk assessments for staff, clients and the community
• Ensure choice is continually promoted and offered to all clients
• To carry out any other duties required by the company, in line with the above.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
• Significant experience of supporting adults experience mental illness, ideally a minimum of 3 years
• Experience of managing and developing a large staff team
• Experience of budget management
• A good understanding of mental illness and learning diabilities and its impact on clients
• A good understanding of care pathways for clients with Learning disabilities
• NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
• To have or be willing to work towards level 4 in Health & Social Care / Management qualification in Health & Social care
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CareTech are proud to announce they are a Disability Confident Leader.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.