Support Time Recovery Worker | Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust
|Posting date:||17 June 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£18,813 - £20,795 pa|
|Closing date:||17 July 2019|
|Location:||Maidstone, ME14 5TS|
|Company:||Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust|
It’s an exciting time to join us: KMPT has been rated Outstanding for Caring and Good overall in our most recent CQC inspection in January 2019!
Maidstone Community Mental Health Team is currently looking to recruit a Band 3 full time Support Worker. This post will be based at Albion Place, Maidstone, Kent but may be required to work within the West Kent Locality.
Our service focuses on promoting recovery for those people diagnosed with severe and enduring mental ill health. We provide comprehensive multi-disciplinary services and work closely with local specialist mental health teams (e.g. Early Intervention Service, Maidstone Home Treatment Team, MIMHS and the Brenchley Unit) tertiary service providers, primary care, local statutory and non-statutory agencies, service users & carers.
The main elements of community mental health support work focus on collaborative working with service users to promote engagement and to facilitate an optimum level of independence and self-management. Our expectation is that you will endeavour to establish therapeutic relationships within which to address recovery goals in order to help service users to gain access to a range of resources and services to facilitate involvement and connection with the local community. Part of the expected role of this post is to assist nursing staff with the effective functioning of a depot/clozapine clinic that will include well -being checks. Visiting people at their own home as required.
What we offer:
• Engagement and running the STEPPS (System Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving) Group
• Working within the Structured Clinical Model for patients with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder
• Participation in groups with Psychology and Occupational Therapy
• Opportunities to run groups
What you can expect once you join the team:
• Monthly supervision (clinical and managerial)
• Reflective Group to discuss complex cases and share learning
• MDT Risk Forum to discuss complex cases with high risks
• Mandatory Training
• Support with your caseload via MDT
• Structured Clinical Management Group support
• Admin support
• Peer Support
You will have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent team working ability. Effective communication skills and self-governance are required, although you will also be offered regular clinical and managerial supervision to support you. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Recovery Star and how this tool can be used to great effect to assist service users to reach optimum potential.
This post is subject to a six month probationary period for candidates external to the Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner.
This advert closes on Monday 1 Jul 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.