Business Administration Apprentice | Islington Council
|Posting date:||17 June 2019|
|Additional salary information:||£19,254 p.a.|
|Closing date:||17 July 2019|
|Location:||Islington, London, N1 1XR|
Business Administration Apprenticeship Pathway
Salary: £19,254 p.a.
Location: Islington Council, 222 Upper Street, N1 1XR
Hours : Full time, 35 hours per week (post can also be offered as part time)
Islington Council offers a wide range of high quality Apprenticeship Pathways that combine working in a great job, comprehensive training and development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
The Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Pathway is a placement opportunity to apply your ‘can-do’ attitude whilst working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
The placement is for 18 months on a full time basis, but applicants would be able to work pro rata on a part time basis for a longer period of time.
Following the initial application process, the successful applicant will join Islington Council’s Adult Social Care Improvement Team, where they will contribute to business administration, project management support and the management of numerical and text data.
The Adult Social Care Improvement Team is part of Strategy and Joint Commissioning for Adult Social Care. The team provides a commissioning and project management function to the improvement of the design, delivery and oversight of support for disabled and older adults. This is achieved through excellent customer service and the delivery of key activities which are designed to meet the needs of our customers. Working as part of a friendly and well respected team, your role will be varied and rewarding.
The Job -Working as a Business Administration Apprentice for the Council you will:
• Learn and use skills in business support, project management, data management and analysis in the context of Adult Social Care service design and commissioning.
• Develop strong professional relationships with your own team and with others we work alongside and to whom we provide services.
Training and Development –Within your role you will:
• Complete a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks in the workplace (depending on specific course requirement) and will provide both practical and theory-based qualifications;
• Join the Apprenticeship Pathway personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council
Working in Islington Council
We appreciate and value our employees and recognise the importance of a motivated and supported workforce. We will support your development through the activities mentioned above and through the ongoing support of your manager and a mentoring programme. In addition to the competitive salary and excellent annual leave package the organisation offers a wide range of benefits such as; discounted gym memberships and cycle schemes, discounted theatre tickets and local discounts from restaurants and shops.
After you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship Pathway you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within the Council or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the Council and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
The Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Pathway is ideal for those who enjoy helping others and are passionate about good customer service.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must be:
• aged 16 or aboveand
• unemployed (or working no more than 16 hours)
• andan Islington resident or Islington care leaver or a student at an Islington secondary school student currently or within the last 12 months.
• Not currently be qualified in Business Administration at level 3 or above
We particularly welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of disability and/or a caring role.
Closing Date:Sunday 7thJuly at 23:59
Assessment Day:Monday 22ndJuly
Apprenticeship Start Date:Mid August – Early September (to be agreed with the successful applicant)
If you are an Islington resident who would like support with your application please contact the iWork Team on 020 7527 3559 or emailiWork@islington.gov.uk
This advert closes on Sunday 7 Jul 2019
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.