Tenancy Sustainment Coordinator
|Posting date:||09 July 2019|
|Salary:||£28,000 per year|
|Closing date:||07 August 2019|
|Location:||London, E2 0TA|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Tenancy Sustainment Coordinator to join our team in Suttons Wharf South – moving to Camden in Oct 2019
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
The successful candidate will be required to pro-actively support and advise residents and staff in preventing homelessness and supporting residents in relation to low level Safeguarding whilst developing appropriate responses and solutions in conjunction with partner agencies to sustain tenancies. The successful candidate will be required to pro-actively support and advise residents and staff in preventing homelessness and supporting residents in relation to low level Safeguarding whilst developing appropriate responses and solutions in conjunction with partner agencies to sustain tenancies. To offer support and advice to vulnerable tenants in maintaining their tenancies. Providing a high standard of intensive housing management advice and practical help to support One Housing vulnerable tenants who are having problems managing their home to comply with the terms of their tenancy agreement. To offer advice and support to One Housing tenants who are at risk of losing their home and offer practical support and advice to new One Housing tenants who may be struggling in setting up their home.
- Provide a high quality, professional tenancy sustainment service to vulnerable and older tenants, or tenants with complex needs
- Assist the Community Safety Team identify suitable tenants for referral to the tenancy sustainment service.
- Undertake home visits and complete third-party assessments for every referral.
- Comply with tenancy sustainment procedures and complete all necessary documentation.
- Provide tenants with advice and information on housing and welfare issues and to build bridges to facilitate contact between the tenant and specialist agencies when required.
- Advise and support with formal meetings such as the accounts team and support in relation to referrals.
- To maximise all forms of available support signposting to specialist agencies to assist tenants sustaining their tenancies.
- To support tenants in understanding their responsibilities under their tenancy agreement and obligations.
- Advise tenants of any rights and obligations that are created by any agreement to provide tenancy
- related sustainment services.
- Liaise and work with organisations such as St Mungo’s in relation to our RSI properties.
- Maintain and manage a caseload of tenants receiving the tenancy sustainment service.
- Enhance One Housing’s community safety team by providing an aftercare service to vulnerable victims and perpetrators.
- Provide tenancy support to ensure tenants maintain their properties ensuring they keep their homes safe and secure and are not causing harassment, alarm or distress to other residents.
- To work closely with tenants to ensure their property is in good condition and necessary repair work is reporting and gas servicing is carried out.
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- A good understanding of tenancy agreements and tenant responsibilities
- Knowledge of mental health legislation
- A good understanding of landlord and tenant relationships and responsibilities
- A good understanding of issues affecting social housing and residents of social housing
- A good understanding of managing cases of Safeguarding and Domestic abuse
- A good understanding of community safety legislation
- Proven recent experience of successfully dealing with a caseload
- Experience of working with the public in a front line role
- Experience of working with/for social services
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £28,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
One Housing are committed to the principles of Leadership 2025, an initiative spearheaded by our Group Board Chair, Steve Douglas, which aims to increase the representation of black and minority ethnic people in leadership positions in the UK housing sector. We are also supporters of Women in Social Housing (WISH), promoting and encouraging young women to choose and progress careers in the sector.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people; Apply Now!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.