Permanent Domain Architect – Customer and Digital
|Posting date:||09 July 2019|
|Salary:||£100,000 to £120,000 per year|
|Closing date:||07 August 2019|
|Location:||London, CR0 6BU|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Permanent Domain Architect – Customer and Digital
Are you a strategic thinker? Natural solution finder? Digital transformation for a Global brand? Highly visible role?
A leading ethical cosmetics retailer are currently looking for Domain Architect to transform the IT landscape for customer and digital domain. The Domain Architect will be the end-to-end architecture for Customer and Digital including technologies that address e-commerce, marketing, in-store technology, and CRM. You will be responsible for setting the future IT direction, outlining a roadmap that meets the strategic needs of the business and working with the relevant solutions teams to assure their delivery.
This person leads the execution, and drives the evolution, of the technical and solution architecture strategy with the Customer area and is an active member of the transformation programme steering committee. The role has responsibility for managing solution and application architects as part of programme delivery.
About the role
Produce, evolve and refine solution architecture to produce technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable and scalable
Define an overall Architecture Design Authority process and chair that Authority
Provide governance during project build and test phases to ensure compliance with and appropriateness of the architecture
Ensure that delivery projects plan for all required technical governance, reviews, sign-offs and checkpoints.
Raise and resolve any architectural issues/risks and issues associated with the domain and throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects/programmes.
Ensure that operational support guidelines are factored into the solution construction
Ensure that the aspects of the architecture are fit-for-purpose from a technical and business perspective
Engage and facilitate ‘Proof of Concept’ or prototyping of applications and solutions.
Define and agree relevant design principles, as part of the TBSI Architecture Group.
Provide technical architectural standards and process support for definition and implementation of a consistent technical environment.
Oversee creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps, reference architecture models and standards through a supporting communicative process.
Instrumental in identifying and analysing new technology drivers and impact on existing architecture
Develop and execute a communication (including education) plan for technical architecture standards.
Develops internal and external relationships that assist in the identification of candidate future technologies and emerging technology trends.
Support the business and IT strategic planning and budgeting processes by leveraging existing/planned solutions.
Ideally have experience or exposure to:-
- A strong understanding of e-commerce, digital, in-store technology and CRM solutions and capabilities.
- Experience of creating and running an architecture design governance process
- Experience of the Retail industry
- All-round experience of a range of technology solutions and a good understanding of the full-lifecycle of enterprise delivery projects
- Experience of SAP solutions preferably next-generation S4 and C4 products
- Significant experience creating solutions through business process re-architecture and/or technology.
- Highly innovative and constantly looking for smarter and innovative improvements
- Experience of leading teams of IT professionals, including the management of teams comprising mixed sourcing and geography
- Solid large scale software development and delivery experience preferably in an SAP environment
- Demonstrable experience of aligning IT projects and strategy with business plans and strategy and developing strong relationships with key business management
- Demonstrable experience of ability to influence key stakeholders, both IT and business
As an extremely visible role within this Global business and attractive remuneration package will be awarded to the successful Domain Architect. If this role is of interest please apply using the link provided or email Ricky.firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV, notice period and salary expectations
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.