Middle Weight Packaging Designer
|Posting date:||09 July 2019|
|Salary:||£30,000 to £35,000 per year|
|Additional salary information:||Competitive salary|
|Closing date:||07 August 2019|
|Location:||London, CR0 6FN|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
An award-winning, ethical, global beauty & cosmetics retailer.
Purpose of role
An experienced Middle Weight Packaging Designer who will bring to life our global brand purpose through best in class design and storytelling. You will take direction from the Packaging Lead and Senior Designers while working collaboratively with a multi-discipline omni-channel team and key Brand, VM, Retail and Print stakeholders to create disruptive, consumer first, engaging packaging design with an innovative and sustainability led approach.
As the Middle Weight Packaging Designer you will take creative direction from the Packaging Lead and Senior Designers to develop the concepts and visual design of creative projects, while fully understanding the full 360 omni-channel customer journeys, touchpoints and product strategies.
You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways, looking to step up and grow within a fast paced retail environment.
- Develop the creative design across the global brand’s omni-channel touch points and platforms; promoting products whilst building the brand.
- Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual identity across all packaging touch points.
- Develops designs in line with brand purpose; pioneering new ideas and innovation with a sustainable first approach.
- Strong relationship with copy team as to bring to life the purpose through strong storytelling that is integrated and weaved into the overall design.
- Partner with Creative team members and Category teams to develop packaging concepts, understanding both technical and creative needs to provide solutions that meet product development objectives.
- Take direction from Packaging Lead and Senior Designers to deliver best-in-class global designs covering a multitude of international events and campaigns.
- Deep understanding of the Brand Purpose strategic framework and ability to translate it into design guidelines, a champion for the brand.
- An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment, is an active listener and interacts effectively
- Can do attitude keen to learn and develop skill set further.
Skills & experience
A pro-active and capable individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Understanding of omni-channel design and how packaging design lives across the omni-channel platforms.
- Proven experience working in a Middle Weight Packaging Designer role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
- Creative experience within Packaging with an understanding of sustainable and innovative solutions within the sector
- Fluent understanding of current packaging trends and new and emerging innovation
- Evidence of delivering strong packaging designs with focus on illustration
- Understanding of technical and legal requirements
- Knowledge of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes
- Excellent appreciation of material limitations/solutions
- Passionate about creativity and design across multiple touchpoints, broad understanding of both online and offline channels
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible outlook with a solution-orientated approach and able to prioritise multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills – can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
- Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment is an advantage
- A strong focus on ‘getting things done’
- Abreast of current trends and competitor set
- Current knowledge of retail
- Current and fluent knowledge of key design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
As well as a Competitive Salary, our client is offering various benefits such as 23 days holiday, the opportunity to volunteer 3 days a year in the local community, 50% staff discount, access to product sample sales, access to exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your well-being and personal development. They have also implemented 'Work Wise’ flexibility with your 'in-office’ hours and the ability to work remotely.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.