Senior UX Researcher
|Posting date:||25 June 2019|
|Salary:||£40,000 to £55,000 per year|
|Closing date:||25 July 2019|
|Location:||London, SE1 1UN|
Salary: Competitive with Benefits (depending upon skills and experience)
Location: Southwark Street, London
ExperienceLab is a Customer Experience research and design agency dedicated to informing investment and design decisions based on tangible customer evidence. Being part of the Serco Group provides unique research and service design opportunities in challenging environments such as hospitals and prisons, where our work can make a real difference to people’s lives. We also have a successful and growing private sector client base, working with some truly exciting and innovative brand names. Our work encompasses Service Design, UX and Interaction Design with the emphasis always firmly on being customer/user led.
We have a dedicated team of expert customer experience researchers, UX designers, information architects, interaction designers and transformation experts. In addition, our brand new, state of the art, research studios near London Bridge provide a contemporary environment which is not only fantastic for our clients but also offers a brilliant team working space.
About the role
This is a varied and challenging role for a researcher with at 4+ years of experience as a UX researcher or service designer.
- Using your research and design thinking skills across a variety of environments (both technical and non-technical) to help translate business challenges into innovative outcomes for internal and external clients.
- Taking research insights and turning them into service and design recommendations, communicated in compelling ways appropriate for your audience.
- Shaping responses to client briefs and developing research plans and proposals.
- Leading small teams of consultants to deliver small and medium sized projects with minimal oversight from account managers, or work as part of a team on bigger projects.
- Presenting to and managing clients and stakeholders, the role requires excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Planning and conducting field research to uncover the behaviours and motivations of customers and users (using techniques such as contextual enquiry, preparing and running workshops and focus groups with customers and stakeholders).
- Creating personas, customer journey maps, process flows etc.
- Planning, coordinating and conducting lab based UX research, expert evaluations and in-depth interviews.
- Using design thinking to create or contribute to design concepts and recommendations and, sometimes, prototyping.
- Acting as a mentor for more junior staff.
This is a broad and stimulating research role that requires someone who is interested in trying their hands to a wide range of tasks and responsibility.
Are you someone who:
- Relishes solving complex problems?
- Is not daunted by tough project challenges or tough stakeholders?
- Feels comfortable dealing with ambiguity or a lack of structure, such as projects with a wide brief or where you need to work out the way forward and come up with an approach. Your attitude will be one that is “How can we do this” rather than “we can’t do that”.
- Won’t shrink from being involved in business development and contributing to proposal writing.
- Feels strongly about helping shape and contribute to the growth of our team and our practice.
What we can offer you
Working with us you’ll have the chance to further your career by:
- Be exposed to a very diverse range of projects and challenges: UX usability testing, CX, business and service related research
- Work in a collaborative, demanding environment where you can influence outcomes
- Work on projects that have a positive social impact
- Expand and develop your skills rapidly
- Life Insurance
- Regular team-building activities
- A training budget
- Cycle-hire scheme
- Corporate discounts
- Two days volunteer leave each year
To apply for this exclusive role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and cover letter.
ExperienceLab is proud to be part of Serco. Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company, which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.