Business Manager (London Prisons) IAG - Wandsworth
|Posting date:||18 May 2019|
|Salary:||£32,000 to £36,000 per year|
|Closing date:||17 June 2019|
|Location:||London, SW18 3HU|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Reed in Partnership provides public services that change people’s lives for the better. We support the development of individuals, businesses, families and communities. Apply now and become part of our team.
Do you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team? Great people management skills and a passion for driving performance?
Consider the role of a Business Manager at Reed in Partnership!
- Periodic performance management meetings with all staff and bi-annual development appraisals
- Qualitative observations of team member service delivery and provision of relevant feedback
- Mentoring new and experienced staff, coaching for performance and instruction as required
- Identifying skills gaps and co-ordinating development actions and training interventions for the team to excel in their roles and progress further within the company
- Contacting training providers internal and external to help with development
- Offering technical expert support and advice for the team i.e. Better Off Calculations, advice and guidance and mock interviews
- Managing absence and attendance including return to work interviews, maintenance of leave and sickness records
- Providing counsel and support to staff as necessary, assisting in the management of their work-life balance
- Cascading information and disseminating company briefings through clear concise written communication and a regular programme of formal and informal team meetings
- Supporting recruitment of your team and across the wider business as a trained internal assessor at our regular programme of assessment centres
- Supporting new staff through specific actions identified in their role specific induction programme, and managing them to achieve early productivity success and pass probation
- Managing underperformance supportively but rigorously, working in partnership with the HR team to progress persistent underperformance through the disciplinary process
Skills & experience
- Experience of sales management including the supervision of an individuals'/teams’ delivery and/or output (minimum 6 months experience).
- A personal track record of working towards and achieving targets (minimum 1 year experience).
- Experience of people management including supporting, mentoring and coaching and developing an individual.
- Educational attainment of either a degree or equivalent or alternatively A-Level or equivalent attainment plus at least 2 years of high quality line management experience in a target orientated business environment.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working in the prisons, welfare to work or employability sectors
- Experience of working in a fast paced performance target driven environment, such experience may include working within the following sectors/fields; Professional Services (Banking, Finance and Recruitment etc) or Retail etc.
- Experience of managing a business to business sales process.
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs (Levels 3 or 4) ERS, Brokerage Standard, Training Qualification such as C7G 7304, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to welfare to work/work with the specific client groups this role will involve.
- Fluency in community languages. Community languages may include Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Somali, Vietnamese, Dari, Yoruba, Turkish, French, Spanish, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Gujerati, Polish, Serbian and Greek. (Dependent on programme).
- BM attributes; Judgment and Decision Making, Relationship and Stakeholder Management, Sales and Performance Management, Inspiring and Influencing, Problem Resolution, Support and Advice, Growth and Development, Approach to Quality, Professionalism and Integrity, Assertiveness and Resilience and Flexibility and Creativity.
- Technical skills including; strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy/spreadsheet skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
- Personal interests including interest in people and willingness to learn.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.