|Posting date:||18 May 2019|
|Salary:||£9 per hour|
|Closing date:||17 June 2019|
|Location:||West Kempston, MK42 7FY|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Based in West Kempston, our new home has been launched with the aim of developing a service attuned to the individual needs of each resident, and a place where they are proud to call home. We believe in investing in the products that enable our staff to deliver efficient care in the most effective and discreet way. We also recognise that in order to deliver a high quality service for our residents, we must create a supportive and happy environment for our staff.
Our aim is to develop a service adjusted to the individual needs of each resident and a place where they are proud to call home. We have luxury homes offering the highest levels of support to its residents through personalised Nursing and Dementia care.
About the role:
Location: Baycroft – West Kempston, MK42 7FY
Pay rate: £9 per hour
Hours/shifts: Monday - Friday plus alternate weekends
You will be required to develop and oversee an active living programme for each resident, which supports mobility, social contact, independence and fun so each and every one of our residents can thrive and live to their full potential. You will be collaborating with the nursing and senior staff to make an assessment of strengths and capabilities of each resident in regards to activities of daily living.
You will ensure that any risk assessments have been carried out prior to any new planned activity or event. While doing this you should also be able to devise simple and safe activities which encourage movement and maintain joint flexibility and functional use of hands and fingers in activities. This can be inside or outside the home and you will have access to work with the senior team to ensure that the residents have full access to the homes minibus and to make sure it is used regularly for activities away from the home.
- Working with people with complex conditions and challenging behaviour
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Knowledge and empathy of the service user group
- Working effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- First Aid Certificate
- Involvement in community groups
- Budgetary control
- Knowledge of organising activities to enhance lives of residents
Working within care home environment
What's in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Eye care vouchers
- 28 days annual leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £300
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Study Leave
- Career Break after 3 years service
- Medicash Scheme
- Opportunities to progress your career within One Housing group.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.