Renowned and loved throughout the UK and the world, the BBC has become a household name which delivers online content to more than 25 million people globally, and we are proud to say that we help make that magic happen!
We work with some of the UK’s most popular interactive services on televisions, shaping and implementing key functionality for the BBC’s iPlayer, Sport, News and Red button products. We are a dedicated team who is passionate about delivering quality services with a smooth and enjoyable user journey.
We are a highly collaborative team of engineers, testers, UX designers and product owners. We value our engineers, offering regular training and development opportunities, as well as '10% time’ - allowing dedicated time for self-improvement, learning and innovation. We take the time to reflect and improve on how we’re working through team retrospectives and mentoring. We’re a hard-working team who are supportive, care about each other, and promote a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for flexible working hours and a friendly working environment.
How we work?
We are an agile team and we do releases almost every day. We support this by making sure our testing is robust and that our pipelines are steadfast. We monitor our systems in production to understand the impact of change everytime we do a release.
We work in multi-discipline crews with Software Engineers, Testers, Product owners and Delivery, in a respectful and collaborative environment. We encourage a culture of team empowerment that supports self-development for each individual.
As a Tester you will be expected to:
- work with teams, shaping products and systems then planning and executing tests using the most appropriate test approach. Ensuring that the software delivered is fit-for-purpose in the planned timescales.
- ensure that high value is achieved from Test automation relative to the investment made.
- evaluate existing solutions and build new tools to support delivery
- find solutions when issues arise or when change is required.
- create and manage our Test Data, stubs and harnesses.
- work with other disciplines to integrate components into systems.
- validate the system as a whole to ensure it delivers the business requirements and benefit, reporting status against schedule.
- have an ability and willingness to determine when to automate tests
- Experience in Test with focus on delivering quality
- Good understanding of building and testing TV / Web / Mobile applications
- Excellent development skills and experience building highly scalable, full stack applications
- Experience of Agile working environments, pairing and working within a collaborative team
- Competence in translating product requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in building and improving automated test frameworks.
- Performance or security testing experience is an advantage.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident