Working in our properties across the North East
Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hpw Monday to Friday, with on call on a rota basis)
Circa £31,366 per year plus van, generous on call allowance of up to £525 per week and great benefits including Health Cash Plan
Home, a place where you belong
Are you an experienced Joiner looking for a new role with a great employer? Come join us at Home Group and be part of our fantastic repairs and maintenance team. You?ll carry out high-quality, right first-time maintenance across our responsive and void properties. If you fancy working alongside a brilliant team, then read on?
What?s in it for you?
- 34 days annual leave (including bank holidays and a me day to take off for whatever you fancy) increasing to 39 days. You can also buy 5 more. You can have time off for volunteering too!
- Health cash plan saving you from £1140 per annum. We?ll cover your costs (and kids if you have them) towards dental, optical, prescriptions, alternative therapies and lots more.
- Over 800 high street discounts on groceries, holidays and days out. Looking for a new phone, bike or car? Save money with us.
- Generous pension scheme with life insurance of 3x salary
- We Grow Our Own colleagues (not literally of course!), when you?re ready for the next step in your career, you can grow with us!
- Explore our benefits in detail on our website.
Typical day as a Joiner
- As multi skilled Joiner, all allocated jobs are completed right first time, with a whole job repair approach, providing a brilliant service for our customers.
- Joinery works across repairs, maintenance and property refurbishments.
- Delivering high-quality and compliant work.
- Multi skilling to improve first time fixes and prevent multiple visits to customers? homes.
- Working in our properties across the North East (this needs to be a commutable distance for you). All jobs are scheduled so you know exactly where you need to be.
And we really are great, we?re in the Top 10 Great Place to Work in the UK in fact!
- City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 in carpentry, joinery or equivalent.
- Experience in all aspects of joinery work within a maintenance environment including glazing and working with UPVC windows and doors.
- Experience in other building trade areas (multi skilled).
- A flexible approach, able to use your own initiative and judgement.
- A full current driving licence, as you will be provided with a company van for business use and commuting.
Due to limits on our current certificates of sponsorship, we are not able to offer sponsorship to?external?candidates for this role.? This remains under regular review.
Looking for a job where you really belong? Where you can be, well you! Bring your uniqueness, brilliant skills and awesome experience to deliver amazing things for our customers. You?ll join our team, who come from different walks of life and are here to support you as you make yourself at Home!
- Working Monday to Friday, you?ll also be asked to take part in our out of hours service on a rota basis with colleagues with an additional generous on call payment of up to 525 per week.
- You?ll work in our properties in the North East. Our office base is Belmont, Durham.
- You must be able to use technology for logging jobs, complete online learning and collaborating with other colleagues.
- You?ll need a Basic DBS check done and we pay for that.
A place where you belong
Great things happen when we can be ourselves at work. We want all our colleagues to be who they truly are here. Our internal diversity networks, peers and allies (Multicultural, LGBTQIA+ and Disability) support us all to be our best. Together we make Home Group a great place to work!
Find out more
Click APPLY NOW to see our Joiner Job Description, find out about us and for help to apply. Sometimes we close a job early, so don?t delay or you might miss out. Finally, do let us know if there?s anything we can do, to help you shine in our process at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident