Chef de Partie
|Posting date:||21 May 2023|
|Closing date:||19 June 2023|
|Location:||Silverstone, NN12 8TL|
AT HILTON WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
This is a fantastic opportunity that will allow you to develop your career within one of the world’s largest, fastest growing hospitality companies.
We, at the Hilton Garden Inn Silverstone, the home of the British Formula One Grand Prix, are really excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a ‘Line Chef’ to join our team.
The Hilton Garden Inn Silverstone is situated directly on the Hamilton straight of Silverstone circuit with 197 bedrooms & suites offering views of the famous asphalt that can convert into hospitality boxes during the major events at the circuit. With all the right mechanics for our guests including a fitness suite, coffee shop, trackside restaurant with terrace the hotel is completed with a showpiece Rooftop bar.
If you are a winner in your current role and want to turbocharge your career then we want to hear from you.
Our Chef de Parties are paid an hourly rate of £14 per hour.
For this opportunity we are offering a £500 sign up bonus!
- Do you know what it takes to deliver excellent standards on time, every time?
- Are you supportive, enthusiastic and inclusive?
- Do you take pride in ensuring the highest standards of food safety and kitchen safety?
- Are you passionate about working with high quality ingredients and sustainability in the food chain?
If so, the Hilton Chef role is tailor made for you!
The Big Stuff
- Our Chefs ensure that a wide range of carefully designed dishes are prepared, presented and delivered with pride and precision.
- Chefs will support with the delivery of high-quality food in all outlets and you will provide food for all occasions - including breakout options for those attending meetings and private dining events.
- As an integral part of the kitchen team, our Chefs contribute to the overall commercial performance of the business whilst delivering excellent Guest and Team Member experiences.
- At the heart of our kitchen operations, each team member follows standardised processes designed to ensure an efficient delivery of high quality centralised menus that provide our guests with a high quality dining experience.
The Standard Bits
- To ensure the delivery of high quality, consistently presented menu items
- To manage food cost controls that are set by the Head Chef
- To ensure compliance with all food safety requirements
- To track, monitor and minimise waste
- To ensure a focus on sustainability targets
- Perform against KPI targets for the kitchen in a balanced scorecard that covers financial performance, Guest experience, and our Team Member experience
- To ensure adherence to the cook book specifications, processes and visuals
- When appropriate to deliver creative and bespoke solutions that ensure Guest needs are addressed
The Fun Bits
- To work with the Head Chef to ensure new menus are implemented as appropriate to the business needs
- To be able to help team members to thrive at work allowing them to be their authentic selves
- To work with the kitchen leadership team to develop a workplace culture that recognises and rewards good work
What are we looking for? (Essential Experience/ Qualifications)
- Previous Chef experience in a professional environment
- The ability to adapt and make changes quickly ensuring the highest standards are retained.
- Relevant food preparation qualification - Hospitality & Catering – Level 2 (or equivalent )
- Qualification in food safety and a track record in managing all aspects of food safety
Preferred Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in a quality production style / branded environment
- Evidence of ability to lead change with new technologies and ways of working
- Basic Food Safety Qualification (or equivalent)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme