Postperson with Driving - Falkirk Delivery Office (FK1 1AA)
|Posting date:||15 March 2023|
|Closing date:||13 April 2023|
|Location:||Falkirk, FK1 1AA|
Delivery Postie with Driving
This role is predominantly parcel delivery, but there may be a requirement to pick up walking routes throughout the year.
Job reference: 292853
Location: Falkirk Delivery Office, FK1 1AA
Job type: Fixed Term 6 month contract
Hours: 20:00 hours per week, 4 days between Mon-Sun, working every Sunday. From 15:40 until 20:00 Mon-Sat and 9:20 until 18:00 on Sun.
This is a mixed town and rural parcel delivery with rotational days off. Covering FK1 and FK2 postcodes.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us! We are reinventing Royal Mail for the future and now is a perfect time to join us on that journey.
Each year, we make billions of deliveries possible. Whatever the weather, come rain or shine, we show up. Because for us, it’s personal. For every person, from every walk of life, we deliver. From exam results and tax returns, to wedding invites or online purchases. You could be part of it. Part of the fabric of the nation, bringing trust to the doorstep. A Postie. Delivering for your local community, because you care about the people. The excited faces that open front doors and the small businesses run from bedrooms. It’s a physical job – but it keeps you fit. Interested? Join us and make a difference to the place you call home.
A bit about you
• Upbeat, independent and self-motivated
• Organised, punctual and ready to deliver great customer service
• Think of yourself as a people-person and a friendly face in the community
• Happy walking for long periods and working outside in any weather
• Has a strong sense of community and takes pride in what you do
• Has a full UK manual driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
What we do for you
To deliver on our ambition we want the best and that’s why we’re delighted to offer market leading pay and benefits for our sector. For bringing your best and serving our customers with pride, you can expect to receive:
• Pay that’s 10% above the market average in our sector, paid monthly with an hourly rate of £11.59p/hr
• Overtime 1.25x the normal hourly rate
• 22.5 days holiday, rising with length of service (pro-rata)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Lots of opportunity to develop a career
• Full uniform provided if you’re on a contract of longer than three months
• Excellent parental leave policy
• Various discounts including high street vouchers, travel and attraction discounts, and savings on beauty products and gym membership
• This role is predominantly delivering parcels. If there are a low amount of parcels to deliver then you will be asked to cover indoor duties.
Time to apply
Ready to become a Postie and deliver for the people in your local community? Hit the apply button now. If your application is successful, we’ll invite you to a telephone interview.
Trust is important to everything we do in Royal Mail. We want to build that trust from the very beginning of your journey with us. The first step is your interview; and we mean your interview. We want to give you the opportunity to present us with your best examples. As a result, we will provide you with your interview questions ahead of the interview taking place, to allow you time to prepare in advance. We want to be transparent about what kind of qualities we are looking for and what a job with Royal Mail entails. Trust on the doorstep starts with you.
Please ensure your contact details are up to date when submitting your application.
We’re an inclusive employer and welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds. We’re committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme