Apprentice Senior Care Assistant Flitwick - AP
|Posting date:||10 March 2023|
|Closing date:||08 April 2023|
|Location:||Flitwick, MK45 1GX|
|Company:||Reed Talent Solutions|
Apprentice Senior Care Assistant Flitwick
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We believe in investing in our colleagues’ careers, and our Apprenticeship programme is designed to ensure you have all the support you need to get ahead from day one.
The One Housing Care & Support Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in social care. Applications are open to everyone, and no experience or previous qualifications are needed. We recruit our apprentices based on your attitude, values and potential to succeed.
Join our team as an Apprentice Senior Care Assistant
As an Apprentice Senior Care Assistant, you will benefit from gaining work experience in a friendly and supportive environment and will receive generous hourly pay, success bonuses and excellent training towards a recognised vocational qualification. You will be supported in your learning throughout the apprenticeship by a personal coach.
To succeed as an Apprentice at One Housing, you’ll need to have good verbal and written communications skills and be able to demonstrate patience, compassion, and a caring attitude.
This is a unique opportunity to develop new skills at the same time as doing work you can be proud of.
Your apprenticeship will be completed over 18 – 20 months and will consist of on-the-job training as well as online or on-site training. Based at our Baycroft Flitwick nursing home.
Location: Baycroft Flitwick Office, 101 Ampthill Road, Bedfordshire, MK45 1GX
Your typical day will involve:
- Providing person-centred care to our customers, promoting their individuality and dignity at all times.
- Ensuring our customer’s hygiene, elimination, mobility, physical comfort and eating and drinking needs are met at all times.
- Compiling and maintaining customer care plans together with the resident and, where appropriate, their relatives and in conjunction with the nurses.
- Ensuring all daily, written records are completed clearly and accurately.
- Ensuring the Nurse Call system is answered in a timely manner and assistance is provided where needed.
- Serving drinks, meals and snacks to residents and visitors and assisting any customers who require help with eating and drinking.
- Salary: £11.00 per hour, rising to £11.55 per hour after 6 months and £12.93 per hour after 12 months.
- Bonus: £750 after 3 months and £500 upon completion of your apprenticeship.
- Paid study time: 20% of your hours are dedicated to personal study towards your qualification.
- Qualification: You will be awarded a Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification on completion of your apprenticeship.
- Your holidays are important to us. Annual leave entitlement equivalent to 29 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Our commitment to diversity
At One Housing, our people are our strength which is why we work very hard to enable all employees to bring their authentic self to work. This commitment is reflected in our hybrid working policy, our diversity groups support network, our wellbeing initiatives and our employee benefits.
We understand that the different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Support with your application
If you would like to speak with a member of our team to learn more about our Care & Support Apprenticeship Scheme, or if you’d like support to complete an application you can email email@example.com
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme