|Posting date:||06 November 2018|
|Salary:||40000.00 - 45000.00 GBP per year, £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience, plus bonus & benefits|
|Location:||Hull, East Yorkshire, HU4 7DY|
Do you have a passion for maximising distribution performance? Do you want to join a business whose mission is to keep people safe at work? Do you enjoy the challenge of continually improving service delivery within the physical operations? If you answer yes to these three questions want to hear from you! We have a great opportunity for a dynamic leader to join our National Distribution Centre.
The role is Operations Manager, at the National Distribution Centre with Arco. You’ll be joining our Management Team and will maximise distribution performance and engagement by providing leadership, motivation, training and development to the workforce. You will report into the General Manager. You will lead and manage a team of direct reports, up to 130 FTE.
As Operations Manager, your challenge will be to control all aspects of service delivery within the physical operations ensuring that all functions achieve KPI’s, providing a cost efficient, safe and effective service to customer. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop individual team members to meet and exceed departmental KPI’s and operational plans
- Proactively control and reduce costs through on-going planning, evaluation and continuous improvement of operational activities.
- Day to day management of teams
- To oversee general housekeeping requirements of the warehouse, ensuring high standards of hygiene, Health & Safety, Quality procedure and regulations are met or exceeded.
- Provide a range of reports to the Senior Management Team to measure performance of the shift.
To apply for the Operations Manager role, you will have a proven successful track record of managing a Logistics environment, with a positive impact within an FMCG environment;
- Experience of managing a large-scale operation
- Good commercial finance awareness and reasoning
- Demonstrate experience of leading projects
- Have previous FMCG experience at a leadership and second line manager level.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of continuous improvements.
This position is Full Time, rotating shift based, Monday – Friday, 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm, occasional weekend and extended hours working.
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. WE are investing over £20million in the digital transformation of our business in order to meet the needs of our customers in the digital era. We distribute over 170,000 world-class quality assured products and we provide training, expert advice, to help shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We have been awarded the title of ‘Superbrand’ by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business to business brands in Britain.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• bonus scheme
• high street retailer discount scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• health purchase plan
• 24 days’ annual leave + holiday purchase scheme
• Community Volunteering days – two days’ paid leave annually to volunteer for a project or charity that means the most to you.
If we’ve just described you, apply for this key role within Arco.